Welcome to Huston Capital
Helping you move forward.
Huston Capital helps attorneys and their clients with complex financial work during collaborative divorces
Meet Your Advisors
Tyler Huston, MSFS®, CFP®, CAP®, CEPA™, CLU®, ChFC®, CASL®, was born and raised in New York until graduating high school and attending Florida State University in Tallahassee, FL. During his collegiate time, Tyler participated in numerous organizations. He was on the FSU Lacrosse team and joined the Sigma Lambda Beta Fraternity, where he later became president. Tyler graduated from FSU in December 2007.
Tyler earned an internship at a financial planning firm before graduating from FSU, where he finished in the top 1% in the country. He was then hired at that firm and after 8 years with them, he opened his own company, Pyxis Advisors, in January 2015. In 2020, he merged his firm creating Avant Huston Financial Group.
Tyler is married to his lovely wife, Darcie Morningstar. They reside in Tallahassee, FL with their furry and feathery children: Dingo and Margo, their pups, and Mr. Tux, their cat. Outside of work, Tyler is heavily engaged in the Tallahassee and Florida communities. Darcie and Tyler love traveling nationally, with a goal of seeing the country's great national parks and internationally, trying to visit someplace outside the United States at least once a year. Tyler also enjoys drumming, extreme sports with his friends; he has skydived, climbed Mt. Rainier and Mt. Whitney, and ice climbed.
In addition, he is serving or has served on:
Capital Collaborative Group, Founding Member (2017-Present)
The Tallahassee QB Club Foundation (Biletnikoff Award) Honorary Trustee (2018-present)
Tallahassee Sunrise Rotary President (2016-2017); Member (2009-Present)
Southern Hospitality Consultants (2013-Present)
James Madison Institute Tallahassee Board of Advisors Chair (2015-2018)
Network of Young Professionals President (2010-2012); Member (2007-Present)
JMI Leaders Fellows Program (2014-2015)
Knight Creative Communities Institute Project Chair (2012-2013)
Young Alumni Development Council for FSU Foundation (2010-2013)
Young Philanthropists Circle for United Way (2010-2013)
Rotary Youth Leadership Award District Director (2010-2011)
In a collaborative divorce process, Tyler Huston acts as a Neutral Financial Expert.
The Neutral Financial Expert is a licensed Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) who typically has also been certified as a Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA). The Financial Expert ensures a fair distribution of assets while also planning for the lifestyle that best meets your future goals.
Specifically, a Neutral Financial Expert is trained to:
- Gather all relevant financial documents
- Identify and prioritize financial needs, goals, and concerns
- Analyze income, expenses, assets and debt
- Prepare detailed financial reports for all members of the Collaborative team
- Develop creative solutions to complex financial problems
- Prepare projections reflecting each settlement options, including tax impact
- Provide a thorough understanding of your financial situation so you can make fully informed choices
- Assist with how to pay joint expenses, such as for your home, during the divorce
- Calculate spousal and/or child support as necessary
- Render business and pension valuations
- Analyze a separate property claim (ie. inheritance proceeds, retirement accountsand/or real property held prior to marriage)
- Determine misappropriation of marital monies
- Assist with budgeting for two households on income that previously supported one
- Consult additional neutral experts, such as real estate appraisers or vocational specialists, when necessary
Click 'Play' to watch Cindy's Story
Click 'Play' to watch Betty's story
259 John Knox Rd.
Tallahassee, FL 32303
To schedule an appointment or ask a question, please fill out the contact form below.